Thursday, August 12, 2010

twenty one

When I was frustrated as a child and whined “But I caaaaaan’t,” my mother would say “Can’t is a four letter word, it is a road block in your mind.” Meaning- we couldn’t say can’t- add that to MeeMaw’s no B-word (bored). I find myself repeating that to David now, see mom I listened! It’s true. Your thoughts are your worst enemy.

Remember in Apollo 13 when Ed Harris says “Let’s work the problem.” And then the gaggle of geeks takes a pile a junk and makes the filter?! My favorite part. That’s how I like to face challenges today; you can’t give up just because the solution isn’t easy. If you can’t reach, get the step stool. If you don’t know, find someone who does and ask. And when you have to put the round peg in the square hole- there is always a way… if you are a rocket scientist. (how I like to respond, doesn’t always happen)

Recently I have noticed David and I coping with life with complaining and negativity. When I stumbled upon another blog that mentioned the 21 day No Complaining Challenge. I knew this was for me and David.

Today we have begun our challenge to NOT to complain, be sarcastic, or gossip. If we mess up, we start over. We are wearing Zany Bands as our commitment bracelet.

I am ready. I want to be more positive. My eyes will get a nice vacation from all the rolling. :)


**UPDATE**
I didn't even make it till noon. Tomorrow is Day 1.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I like this idea! Thanks for the inspiration...

married yoshimi said...

just found your blog and already a big fan :)