Two Saturdays ago Mary had a seizure/s and was rushed to the hospital for tests. David got the call and was at his parents house in less than five minutes, yet another reminder of how nice it is to be close to them for emergencies. Thankfully she was fine and did well in the hospital even with a roommate!
Last weekend, and a little before and a little after, Gil was in Miami for the derm convention and we had Mary for four days. I tend to get nervous around this time of year because it is a lot of responsibility to care for another human being, especially one with health problems.
Arkansas
I wonder sometimes what was God thinking? If I were to pick a person who would cope with a terminally ill MIL, I would choose someone tender, caring, selfless and easy going. Not going to fool myself into thinking I am any of those things. When David was struggling seeing his mom in the hospital I didn't know how to comfort him, I just made stupid jokes about Ceasar medication.
In general what was God thinking with me? He made me so different and so bad at all the stuff that makes someone a good person.
Arkansas
Thursday, March 7th 2013
My niece Brynn Leigh was born! I love saying her name, Brynn Leigh and calling her my niece. I love her lots.
Friday we flew to AR to meet her! Went straight to the hospital for the first snuggles. David went to his post with the boys. I swear they think he is their best friend. They love me, but the LUUURVE him, they cried when they found out Dp wasn't staying forever. (They asked him to buy a house in Arkansalt) I got to take care of Leah and Brynn Leigh but Dp stayed on twin duty all weekend. But watching him play Transformers it didn't look like duty to me.
I brought the boys a scavenger hunt for the park expecting them to half pay attention. But Saturday we went to the park and they were really into it. Brody especially. Things we found I didn't think we would find: birds nest, butterfly, kite, someone riding a bike. Things we found that weren't on the list: duck, bridge, tree stump and fish. Daddy Cool and David taught the boys to skip rocks. We wore those boys out, Brody asked to go home, he wanted to play on the play ground but he was tired and his feet hurt.
Houston
Monday we left mom and Mercer's and BL and flew home. Terrible feeling leaving the people you love. I had so much time with the twins when they were born, and I want BL to know me just the same.
When we got home I noticed the bathroom floor was soaked. My first thought was "David mopped!!" and then quickly realized no, husbands don't do house work. We had a burst pipe in the attic and water was dripping from the ceiling.
When have you ever heard someone say "I was at home and heard a dripping noise and it was a leaky pipe so we turned off the water and called a plumber before any damage was done." ? Never.
ALWAYS " We came home from a trip and the _____room was flooded." Always.
Thankfully
- Pipe was an easy, fairly inexpensive, fix.
- Husband mopped the bathroom floor!!


No comments:
Post a Comment