Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Eight - Confessions 30:2 & 3

I am one of the least romantic women, possibly on Earth. I just don't think that way.

For example - today in honor of my eighth anniversary I wore my seashell earrings. I find this almost too sentimental because I was married at the San Luis in Galveston, and their logo is a seashell. Nauseating isn't it?


Confession 2
Of our 11 years together and 8 years married, Dp and I have spent 5 together. Sometimes I forget that we spend every single day together now and how much time we spent apart for 6 years.

And then sometimes I wish he'd just go away again. But usually that is after he has had smelly Indian food and is trying to convince me he needs a handgun. Thankfully I can send him to the garage and not to the Persian Gulf.


Confession 3
David and I are way better friends than we are spouses.
We are so good at the loyalty, having fun, sharing interests. We've survived a lot and are well conditioned for "crisis mode." 

Yet, when it comes to date nights, saying sweet things to each other and I'll let you guess if we kiss goodbye every morning, we under-preform. This isn't to say that I don't love David or have romantic-like feelings towards him. But after 11 years, we've realised we both just suck at that stuff. And as a couple try to nurture that part of our relationship but it is work for us.

Do we fight about what to watch on tv? Nope.
What about where to eat? Nope.
Can I give Dp a certain look and he involuntarily get up and get me icecream? Yes.
If that isn't love, I don't know what is.


No comments: