Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Twas the Day After Halloween...

I had a GREAT Halloween. We had heard rumors of Halloween parties but none of them happened, so I threw a mini-halloween party for me and David.

David has duty today and leaves tomorrow so we had to have all of his stuff ready to go, and I will come clean, we hadn't started till the last second. So we went to the grocery store and got him some stuff and me my tv dinners to last me. Yeah, I don't cook when David is gone; I will cook for 2 but not for one. I also got me some Coco Crispies. Tease all you want, I like them and the only time I ever got them was at my Grammy's house and just one of those tiny boxes. So I told myself that I am a grown woman and if I want a sugary cereal I can get it. Oh and we got a pumpkin.


We carved our pumpkin, Fred, and watched Sleepy Hollow, clever I know. Then I toasted the pumpkin seeds and finished the movie by candle light. I had candles everywhere and all the lights off so it was kinda fun. By then some the little Trick-or-Treaters, I like to call them TOTs, started to arrive. We had lots of little children, but less bigger children than I did last year. So I had bought a mess load of candy this year and last year's amount would have done it. I think our TOT number was down because it was below freezing outside and I think most of the kids were in our complex so it was close enough to face the cold temps. Even so, Everyone loved our Fred!!!

Then we ordered pizza and watched Sean of the Dead, a hilarious parody of Dawn of the Dead. Really funny, but still appropriate for Halloween night. All the while David was folding clothes and packing.

I had the best time, what a fun last night with David, what a fun Halloween. My mini party was a success!!


ps- Rigby dressed up as a sleepy kitty and Abbey was a hungry kitty.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Analee,
It sounds like a fun Halloween. We didn't have many TOTs ourselves. Its a new neighborhood for us so we didn't know what to expect. Needless to say we have lots of leftover candy. Our favorite TOT was Kadin. He dressed like a Bumble Bee and most of the time he was at our house, he chased Maverick around. So I would say that Maverick dressed up as a Scaredy Cat and Zeke as a cold puppy. We can't wait to see you guys again. God Bless David on his trip and you as you hold down the fort!

Simpsongirl said...

Sounds like a fun mini Halloween party, Analee! Fred looks great. :)

Anonymous said...

Analee,
I missed reading your blog for a couple of days. I can't believe that fabulous cupcake cake. I want to learn how you do it. ( I know how to make cupcakes, it's the putting them together like that I want to know). Glad the wellcome baby party was a success. It is fun to plan things and then have them actually come off.
Halloween blog comments- Fred is great. We had an extremely dull Halloween compared to yours , actually compared to anyones. We didn't have one single TOT, so I am left with the hard task of eating the packages of miniwhoppers. I make myself feel better because they are only 100 calories per minibag, and I don't count the second one. HA
Tell David to take care and stay safe, and you do too.
Tia Kay