Monday, November 09, 2009

my squares...

I have been struggling with a color for the bedroom. My ideas for the rest of the house came pretty easily.

Yet I have been agonising over the bedroom, as you can see by my wall of Mondrian squares. Sometimes I just lie in bed staring at the wall, my squares.

This weekend David and I finally decided on a color. It is the second from the bottom in the far left column. I am happy with it and looking forward to painting over my wall of squares.

Last week was a rough week.

I am weary of feeling discouraged and it seems that recently I am only met with opposition. Staying positive is also a struggle, finding peace in a week where there is no comfort, finding quite when my mind can't see one color on the wall- just a haphazard jumble of gray and dissapointment.

But the desire to be positive is ever present in my mind, even though there was a cheese fry incident on tuesday.


My happy thoughts (although without my fairy dust I do not take flight)

-> GI Bill money came in... hence the paint. Finally.
I dont' even want to talk about them anymore.

-> The Boys are coming to see us soon!! Can't wait. Dying to hear them talking.

-> No boxes in the bedroom... officially!! 1 room down.

-> Going to the Nutcracker Market! Going to the Nutcracker Market! Going to the Nutcracker Market! Going to the Nutcracker Market!!!

No comments: