Monday, December 20, 2010

a million things

December seems to be a busy time of year. that is annoying right? don't we all wish we could just enjoy the season? not quite so.

Finished
Somehow all of my finals and a huge work project were all occurring in the same week. I survived. That was two weeks ago. But it feels like I haven't slept since then.

Last week I finished 6 months of treatment for a medical issue I had way way back before the cruise. Finishing that was an enormous weight lifted off my shoulders. (Enormous is far too small of a weight.)

I also am completing physical therapy for another medical issue. Apparently my headaches were caused by a neck injury a year ago. I'm just saying this for all you people out there who are suffering from headaches- no matter what they say it isn't all in your head. After 1 treatment my headache was gone, and after 3 treatments I am shocked how I feel. I didn't even realise how much daily pain I was living with. Phenomenal difference.

Working
Christmas should come in November, before year end work. I am busy at work and happy to have a job I enjoy. But still wish there weren't as many late nights right before Christmas. There is something about being in the office when it is dark out that just makes you feel lonely, like the only working person in downtown. Hello??? (echo)

Nienty One
Yesterday was MeeMaw's 91st birthday.
We sang to her in church and I cried. I cried because I love her. I cried because I will miss her. I cried because I was so glad we had a big party for her last year (90). I cried because I only wish for a 92nd birthday and a 95th and a 100th. And I cried because how wonderful for her to have happy days left to celebrate. All that in one a minute long song.

We went back to her house for cake.
She is so precious to me and to all of us.


Flowers from her front yard. They bloomed for her.
The next couple of days I am determined to get in the Christmas spirit. Busy or not!

2 comments:

Leah said...

No fair! I wish I could have been there!!!! How did she like the memories?

K Cummings Pipes said...

Glad to hear good news on the medical front.
I hated to miss Frances birthday (I missed her big party last year,too) because I had to be with my parents in Clifton.
So many flowers make me think of your grandmother with joy.